The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences manages the Master's Degree Course in Pharmacy and the Master's Degree Course in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology for which the LM plus courses are also active.
Both refer to the Didactic Council of the Master's Degree in Pharmacy and Industrial Pharmacy (LM-13), chaired by Prof. Simona Collina.
82 teachers belong to the Didactic Council, of which 43 belong to the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and 9 hold specific teaching contracts and 3 students representing the student component. Contract lecturers are professionists within the University or coming from industries who are able to provide students with the necessary concepts of professional and industrial culture.
The then Faculty of Pharmacy of Pavia, now a study course in pharmacy, was the first to be established in Italy in 1933 and since 1966 the course in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology was established, one of the first CTF courses in Italy. . It is therefore one of the two historical courses of our University, which since 2014 belong to the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Professors of the Department also teach at the Degrees in Biotechnology, and in Chemical Sciences, andat the Master Degrees in Medical and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, in LIFELINE - Lifelong Well-Being and Healthy Aging, and in Agri-food sustainability.